Sunday, June 26, 2011

My House

My house is small
No mansion for a millionaire
But there is room for love
and there is room for friends
Thats all I care.

Often it is the small things of life that tell a tale, or give a message worth taking on board our busy lives.  Yesterday I made a small, yet quite magnificent, purchase.  A delightful miniature blue and white  plate priced at the princely sum of 20cents.


I brought it home not knowing quite where it would be displayed as our walls are not suitable for banging in a picture hook.  I didn't let such a small fact worry me!

In the end, after a little deliberation, inspiration struck.  Two pieces of thick double-sided tape, one on top of the other, gave the depth required for this tiny plate to adhere to a cupboard door, where it's inscription can be read easily.

A cottage with a cobbled path leading to the front door, smoke drifting lazily from a tall chimney is surrounded by a wreath of roses and what could be forget-me-knots; the personification of a country cottage where a warm welcome awaits, while the centre is inscribed with the verse [above]

2 comments:

  1. Big spender.LOL. I love the plate and the sentiment behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - that's home for me too. I hope the sticky tape is strong enough!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome