Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Throwing hat in

The old saying, 'throw your hat in the door' has relevance today.  I haven't posted here for over a month!
 
Last year I purchased a new washing machine and early in May found out that the particular brand, and model, had a problem.  Some were going on fire!  Needless to say I hurriedly emailed the makers, and am now awaiting a repairman to visit to fix the problem.  In the meantime instead of just putting the washing in and flicking a few buttons I need to check for the smell of heat or the presence of smoke!  Certainly puts a new complexion on washday.  Next week the problem will be solved and I will no longer need to keep a careful watch on the machine.
 
Instead of dry wizened wide outdoors we now look out on verdant green, and oh, how easy it is on the eyes.  Other Half is sawing wood for the fire, and we no longer swelter in sticky heat.  Winter is a much preferable season in this part of Western Australia.
 
 
With the cooler weather my crafting enthusiasm increases ... perhaps I am less frazzled!  Over the past few days I have made some glove puppets for my littlest grandson.  There is a picture on my other blog here .
 
Now to cast my mind around for another project; I have a plant in a pot that needs breaking up and planting out.  You may have guessed that gardening is not something that I have a talent for, but I do like a little colour in the garden during winter.  The nasturtium seeds I planted have 'taken' though there are some misses ... one wonders what creature lives in the ground the fancies nasturtium seeds to supplement its diet?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the washing machine repair, Shirley. It must be a bit disconcerting keeping watch in case your washing catches fire. :-)

    I can so easily understand how you welcome the arrival of cooler weather. I don't cope well with heat and wonder how you live with your summer temperatures. As for your nasturtiums, perhaps mice like a little snack of seeds?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome