Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bus Stop

We all know bus stops; some offer little shelter, others are havens to while away the moments until the bus trundles along.  I have waited for a bus, or should I call it a coach, where no shelter prevails, and have stood waiting in a shelter wondering if the driver, or captain if it is a coach, will actually see me waiting.
Our nearest town has two coach stops; one outside the Information Centre which is where tickets can be purchased, and the other two or three kilometers along the route. 
This second stop is in the busy marina precinct and has a shelter blending into the landscape, that at first I hadn't realised what it represented.
The shelter is the shape of an upturned dinghy and draped along the uprights that separate the dinghy from the seat are various crustaceans that provide a distinctive seaside flavour.  When I cast my mind back I don't believe I have spied a potential coach rider sitting on that seat; perhaps the octupus and lobsters are a deterrent?
 
 

 

This bus stop must be unique?
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Having clicked on your photos to enlarge them and see the sea creatures, I think that bus shelter was designed with someone with a great sense of humour, Shirley. :-) Much nicer than our bland little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very unique bus stop. It's a wonder it hasn't painted it in the appropriate colours to really make it stand out :).
    Cheers, Robyn xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome